
A few nights ago, the twins were asking me all about where "meat" comes from......oh boy.....I tried to couch it softly, but how do you tell a three-year old (or two) that when he eats chicken nuggets, he is relishing in the slaughter of his favorite farm animal? Touchy topic. But as I got into it, I was explaining that crab meat comes from crab the animal; turkey meat comes from the gobble gobble turkey.....in a moment of their astonished silence, I tried to compensate for the shock by telling them "It's ok; Heavenly Father gave us the animals so that we could eat them. It's ok for us to eat them." Apparently, I did nothing to put out the fire, and had ignited one instead, because Jonah sat straight up in his bed and got the most angry look on his little face and said, "I told Jesus NOT to eat TURKEYS!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment