Thursday, August 7, 2008

House Haunting

For a few years now, we have had the bug to expand our home and yard, and really, what it boils down to for me is.....my laundry room. I can't wait to have a normal sized washer and dryer instead of the pint-size European models we are working 24/7 right now.  True, it would be great for the kids to have larger play areas, both inside and out, but I think they will be unsupervised wherever we end up, because I will be so happy in a new laundry room that I will just put a load in the washer and sit there and watch in pure awe as 20ish pairs of pants are cleaned together instead of the 4 or 5 we can load in now. I should be more thankful to even have a washer and dryer, but some days I wonder how much stress our models are saving and how much they are causing.   Anyhoo, we are debating between buying an existing home (foreclosures abound in this soft market), or building a home on the ground we just bought in North Salt Lake. Either way has its perks.  Our main objective is to not own a "coffin" that Kev would have to work night and day until he dies for - what is the use of a great family home if there is no daddy around? And our second goal is to give the kids and their friends more space to play in as they grow.  The challenge is to achieve both goals simultaneously - can we do it?

No comments:

Music We Love