Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I got to substitute teach in Dane and Jonah's classroom today!

This is a picture of them playing ball at recess with their friends and I am including it because I want to remember what happened on the field today.

After a few minutes we noticed that their friend Clarence, who had been playing with them, was sitting to the side crying. The boys stopped their game and went to him to see what was wrong. He told them that TJ had hit him in the face and he was hurt. All of the boys were so amazingly sportsmanlike and kind - I was so impressed. One boy said "Maybe TJ didn't hit you - maybe you just got hit with the ball." to which TJ replied, "No. I hit him but I didn't mean to. I'm sorry Clarence." Then Marshall told Clarence "Come back and play with us. It's not fun without you." Jonah agreed and Dane said "You can sit out if you need a minute to feel better. You don't have to play." and by then Clarence was getting in his feet. He got back in the game, fueled by the positivity and love his friends were showing him. I was so impressed!

No comments:

Music We Love