Friday, October 3, 2014

LOvE our music lesson days! I neglected to take pics of our violinists this week, but am every bit as proud of them after their lessons today.

Some might wonder what makes lesson days so loveable to me...After all, they are jam packed with ins and outs of the car, ins and outs of the instruments, opening and closing of many music books, lots and lots of driving, snack providing, doing homework on the road, stressful meal planning and concentrated note taking during each lesson. It doesn't appear to be a love able day on the surface, so why do I love these days so much?

Dr. Suzuki said it best. He said something to the effect of "We are not attempting to raise musicians. We are raising thoughtful, disciplined, sensitive citizens...."

and I see those traits building in our little musicians, one building block at a time...one practice session at a time, one lesson at a time, one performance at a time, they are becoming thoughtful, disciplined, sensitive citizens.

Also being with their teachers and watching them influence the kids makes it a fabulous day. Each teacher is so devoted to our kids and so capable of lovingly coaching with positive reinforcement. I am so thankful I get to cheer them on every step of the way and savor that journey with each of them.

No comments:

Music We Love